This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Comment character for m68k gas v 2.9.1
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: mccoards at netscape dot net
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 06 Jan 2004 13:36:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: Comment character for m68k gas v 2.9.1
- References: <1E64C3EA.6E6B108C.009F8F08@netscape.net>
> I'm using a m68k gas V 2.9.1 assembler and would like be able to
> comment out a line with a single character, and not use C style
> comments -- /* comment */. I have figured out that I can use '*' at
> the start of a line, and that the char '|' works everywhere. But as
> you know you cant use '|' in a bitwise OR expression. Is there any
> way do a bitwise OR in an expression without using '|'? Or is there
> a way to change the comment character to ';' without changing the
> source code?
The answer to both question is no. Sorry.
(Well, you can do bitwise OR without using '|' by using other
a | b <==> ~ ((~ a) & (~ b))
but that is probably not the kind of answer you are looking for).