This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: IA64 PE/COFF (efi-app-ia64) image has bad VirtualSize field
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Brian J. Johnson" <bjohnson at sgi dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:25:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: IA64 PE/COFF (efi-app-ia64) image has bad VirtualSize field
- References: <Pine.SGI.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> It looks to me like the VirtualSize field of a loadable section
> should not be zero in an executable image, especially if
> SizeOfRawData is non-zero. (And a zero-sized .text section doesn't
> make much sense....)
> Any idea what changed from binutils-220.127.116.11.8-12.2 to
Not really. Internally the VirtualSize value is stored as the s_paddr
field of the bfd section structure, so my guess would be that at some
point this field is being set to zero.
> and how to fix it?
You could put a watchpoint on the relevant s_paddr field and find out
when/where it is set to zero.
If you can provide a *small* reproducible test case and post it to
this list then we may be able to investigate ourselves.