Re: [RFA] ARM OABI - pc-relative relocations

> Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com> writes:
> >> Patch is appended.  Comments?  I do not know the proper way to get
> >> USE_REL set to 0; obviously "#ifndef NOT_VXWORKS" is not the right
> >> approach.
> >
> > Well, I'd use an option to start with... -mrela?  As for the default for
> > that flag, then I would think you could use a te-vxworks.h to define
> > something appropriate.
>
> Sounds doable.  Could you give some hints on how to add BFD options?
> I need this for MIPS too, so a generic way would be preferable.

Argh!  I'd forgotten that this was in the BFD, where nothing is ever that
simple...

The correct thing to do here is to create an bfd_elf32_arm_vxworks_vec;
this is substantially the same as a bfd_elf32_little_arm_vec, except that
some of the defaults are different.

It should then be a fairly straight-forward matter to build a set of
wrappers that define the correct things before pulling in the more generic
arm-elf files.

If you add the appropriate emulations to the configuration, then it should
be possible to link in standard arm-elf objects as well.  They aren't that
different.

The assembler should then also be able to find out what to do by
interrogating the BFD.

R.