Re: static linking / HOSTING_LIBS

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 11:08:15PM -0500, Pragnesh Sampat wrote:
> I was trying to trying to compile glibc cross tools for host, with nptl
> turned on.  Pretty much everything else in this pass of glibc, except
> for sln and ldconfig appear to build ok.  I also had similar failures in
> the nptl testsuite (some of the tests failed with the same undefined
> references).

This is unlikely to be a binutils problem, and certainly won't be
affected by the patch I made to HOSTING_LIBS.  You've probably hit a
glibc problem.

> With ldconfig, In addition to the above, there were also a BFD_ASSERT
> from elflink.c.  I don't have the log right now, but can easily get it

Any bfd assert indicates a binutils bug.  Some might be relatively
harmless, eg. It might be a situation where we've warned about something
instead of giving a hard error.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre