Re: [BUG] Regression in 2.14.90 (relative to 2.13.90)

Hi Carlo,

> On 17 October I mailed this list about a bug in
> binutils 2.14.90.  I was wondering what has
> happened with this report.  Maybe it was lost,
> this being just a mailinglist etc.
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-10/msg00456.html

Unfortunately it appears that that message is an incomplete bug report
- it seems to rely upon text in previous messages in other mailing
lists.

Please could you provide a (repeat) explanation of the bug ?

FWIW I tried compiling the test case attached to the above message
using a version of g++ built from today's sources and running on an
x86 linux box, and then I used three different versions of readelf to
try to get different results - I failed - all three produced the same
output:

 [snip]
 Line Number Statements:
  Extended opcode 2: set Address to 0x804853a
  Advance Line by 18 to 19
  Copy
  Special opcode 48: advance Address by 3 to 0x804853d and Line by 1 to 20
  Special opcode 20: advance Address by 1 to 0x804853e and Line by 1 to 21
  Advance PC by 1 to 804853f
  Extended opcode 1: End of Sequence
  [snip]

The three versions I built were from today's sources, the 2-14 branch
and the 2-13 branch.