Re: binutils,I will pay your way into Infinite Abundance! - SPAM

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 03:07:14PM +1000, Russell Shaw wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>Instead, the situtation is that you are just as likely to miss a
>>>genuine worthwhile message amongst the mountain of spam.
>>
>>FWIW, I look at most of the blocked spam and, if I notice a message that
>>hasn't made it through, I usually forward it on to the correct list.
>>
>>This isn't a perfect solution, of course, since I'm human, but I don't
>>think we're losing too much valid email to the spam filtering.
>
>How does one get a list archive cleaned up? This looks very
>unprofessional and unmaintained:
>
>  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/bug-binutils/2003-q4/

We don't edit the archives.  Also, bug-binutils is not a
sources.redhat.com list.  It comes from gnu.org.  It's archived here as
a courtesy.  But, actually, I think I will look into removing this
archive.  I don't see how it is serving a useful purpose.

cgf