Porting GAS and GLD to a new processor

Hi!
  I plan to port a set of GNU tools(GCC,GAS and GLD) to a simple 8-bit processor with a new object file format.I have successfully ported GCC to a 32-bit RISC machine,but have no experience in porting others. My current plan is to port the binutils,and from the internal documentation,I roughly know which files I must deal with,but It seems that the available docs are based on the assumption that I will use a popular object file format such as elf,coff or a.out. I am not very sure about what the complexity of the porting work using a new object file format and how much files exactly I must care or modify or create.waiting for help! thanks all!

        hbchen
        chbchb1130@sina.com
          2003-09-28