Re: Elf include files

James Cownie <jcownie@etnus.com> writes:

> I'm in the process of getting readelf to dump ELF files generated on
> HP-UX running on the IA64. These use a variety of HP extensions to
> ELF, some of which we already have in include/elf/hppa.h
>
> This seems wrong, the extensions are really HP-UX specific rather than
> PA architecture specific.

We do the same sort of thing in other header files.  For example,
include/elf/mips.h has stuff which is really Irix specific.  This is
OK because once one operating systems starts defining things like flag
values, other operating systems which don't implement the semantics
should at least avoid using those specific values.

So I wouldn't worry about it.  Just put the definitions in elf/hppa.h.

Ian