RE: as.exe 2.14 -mips3 with -n32 option gives Invalid bfd target

> > thanks,
> > i changed bfd/config.bfd and got the correct result
> >

> > and I think this is right since for vxworks/rtem/elf it
> should support
> > all ABI since you have no idea how the os may be compiled
> (it is shipped
> > with as one typically may be rebuilt by some customers) so it should
> > support all ABI
>
> This can't be the full truth since the OS will need some more support
> for n32, e.g. NewABI calling conventions and 64 bit register width.
> It's not just a matter of compilation. OTOH, it won't do much harm to
> include the n32 stuff.

We have been using abi=o64 anyway so the registers have been 64 bit for a
while
and a few specific changes were made to support n32 so now it
supports both o64/n32 in order to test out whether some of
the n32 ABI changes would benefit us in terms of performance (more args,
less stack)
It currently works fine under gcc 3.2.3/ binutils 2.13.2.1
though showed no marked performance difference.