Re: GNU ld shared library support for IRIX 5/6

Daniel Jacobowitz writes:

[Please keep me on the Cc:; I'm not subscribed to this list and only
happened to come across your reply in the archive.  Thanks.]

> There is O32 shared library support - Linux uses it - but I don't know
> how much that does or does not resemble Irix shared libraries.

That's what I supposed, given that both IRIX and Linux follow the SGI ABIs.
I couldn't imagine that Linux restricted itself to static linking on this
architecture.  I'll give --target mips-sgi-linux a try and see if this
helps.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find my way through the maze
that is GNU ld yet.

	Rainer