Re: RFC: using ld 2.14 on irix

"Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl> writes:
>  ;-) The subject of possible interpretations of the definition of the
> calculation was already beaten to death here and elsewhere.

Oh well. ;)  No great surprise.

>  There was a discussion on the incompatibilities recently -- see
> 'http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-02/msg00345.html'.  Ralf might
> shed additional light on the dependencies.  The patch he proposed isn't
> that bad in principle.

FWIW, I did read that thread before my original posting, but I thought
it was about the treatment of relocs against local symbols.  In other
words, I thought it was the problem that Alex fixed with:

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-03/msg00148.html

It's relocs against global symbols that are causing the
problems for me.

Richard