Re: Updating to Autoconf 2.5x

> That's all well and good, but the basic point certainly remains: we've
> worked very hard to make GCC appear to come entirely from a machine
> named gcc.gnu.org, and similar work has not been done for GDB, binutils,
> glibc, etc.  Red Hat domain names and logos appear frequently on those
> web pages.

Well, historically Cygnus maintained and hosted the binutils and gdb.
Cygnus did not host gcc.  When the egcs takeover happened, RMS was
very concerned that this not appear to be a Cygnus takeover of gcc.

In other words, having binutils and gdb live at a redhat.com is just
historical continuity.  Having gcc move to a redhat.com address would
not have been historical continuity.

Dunno about glibc.

Not that all this matters very much, in my opinion.

Ian