Re: The Linux binutils 2.14.90.0.1 is released

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 09:04:46AM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> Ben,
>    I think the rational of the HJ releases is provide
> a way to rapidly release as many critical fixes as
> possible for use with linux. Those releases are
> focused on being bug-free on the linux platform
> (hence their hosting on ftp.kernel.org).

Thanks, Jack. That is well said. Also some Linux projects may need
certain new features in a released version of binutils. We can live
with regressions and breakages on non-linux platforms. But I don't
think the FSF binutils should/will make that kind of commitment.

H.J.