Re: check mips abi x linker emulation compatibility

On May  8, 2003, cgd@broadcom.com wrote:

> At Thu, 8 May 2003 16:58:29 +0000 (UTC), "Alexandre Oliva" wrote:
>> How about this instead: add -mabi=neutral or -mabi=from-arch or
>> something like that, and use this flag on mips targets that have a
>> non-neutral default?

> There _isn't_ really a "neutral" ABI, though, is there?

What if none of the ABI bits are set?

Except for the fact that we have to make a choice between elf32 or
elf64 early on, it can remain neutral for longer...

> no-abi is just one of the commonly-expected ones (o32 or o64,
> usually), but not marked, right?

I suppose so.

> It sounds like what you're asking for is a "no-abi-marking" flag.

Nope.  I want something that disables the assembler's default, so that
it can figure it out as if the target configured for was a generic
mips target.