Re: PATCH: Add .alias and .secalias (take 2)

H. J. Lu wrote:
On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 05:04:09PM -0700, H. J. Lu wrote:
This patch adds .alias and .secalias to ia64.

I only have some minor issues with this.

You didn't add comments before each function you added/rewrote. I understand that the file is already broken this way, but we shouldn't make it worse.

It isn't clear why you call demand_copy_C_string for the "alias" string. If the string must be copied, then why isn't the "name" string copied also? If you are doing this only to check for \0 in the middle of the string, then that should be in a comment because that is not obvious. Or does this have something to do with parsing the quotes? I can't tell why the function call is there.

The rest of the code makes sense to me and is OK.

Jim