Re: PATCH: Add STO_COPY

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 02:57:20PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> H. J. Lu wrote:
>
> > There is one test in glibc which is currently disabled because of this
> > bug.
>
> That's artifically created code.  Nobody with a falfway sane mind would
> use protected symbols.  They don't make sense in the context we are
> working had.  I have no problem whatsoever with outlawing them.

Can you be more specific? Are you saying glibc won't support protected
symbols in general or glibc won't support protected symbols with copy
relocation. I have no problems to disallow protected symbols which may
introduce copy relocation. But I don't think glibc show disallow
protected symbols.

H.J.