Re: Statically identified memory leaks in ld

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, David Heine wrote:
> Using a static analysis tool "Clouseau" built as part of
> my research, I have identified a number of potential memory leaks
> in ld and the libraries it uses.  The tool assumes a linear model of
> memory to automatically identifies potential leaks, but the
> process of fixing them is manual.  I have put together and
> enclosed a patch against bfd/libiberty/ld checked out yesterday
> from the CVS repository that fixes most of the leaks identified
> while building "ld" on a redhat linux machine.  There are others
> in other binutils tools, but I have not yet created a patch to fix them.

(Since nobody else said so -- at least not explicitly:)
Thank you for your work!

Now, some pointer to this "Clouseau" tool would be in order
(What kind of bug? ... An explosive one!), provided it's free
software.  Google just finds me the infamous "Pink Panther"
references and some Belgian band on the first pages.

brgds, H-P
PS.  Yeah, I know -- valgrind would probably find these bugs too.