binutils upgradation

Hello all,
           I am using a port of the standard GCC suite on a custom RISC
based processor. I'm looking for information on "How to upgrade the binutils
which is the component of our GNU C cross-compiler suite  to the latest
stable version 2.9.10". Can anybody give me the links to the relavant
information. I think the version interdependencies with the versions of
other components of the compiler suite are to be taken care while upgrading.
I have to do the upgradation work on crossplatform.
    Can anybody please guide me where to start for this and how to proceed.

Thanking you for any help provided.

Regards
Dheeru.