RE: New targets to Binutils for H8 series

Hi All,

I was interested in implementing some extensions to
the H8300 simulator and was thinking of adding some
code to crt0.S. I would like this code to be
available when the code would be run under a
simulator. I think it would be a good idea to add a
target, say -msim, so that the code is generated for
simulated target only.

In the context, I was actually trying to include
commandline support to the simulator and so would
have to setup the stack with the commandline
arguments in crt0.S. I didn't think it would be a
good idea to add the code to the default
implementation, by adding the target, we could
write any simulator specific code inside a
#ifdef __SIMULATOR__ kind of structure, similar to
the ARM implementation.

Any comments or suggestions would be useful.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Venky