Re: Relocs against unalloced sections in shared libraries

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 08:06:05PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > > No other target emits such relocations.  Currently, the ppc linker
>
> Richard vehemently maintains that they should.  He's specifically
> vetoed this change in the past.

Hmm, but is rth corrent?  It seems to me that the only reason debug
info would need dynamic relocs is if it refers to external syms.  But
by its nature, debug info is describing local entities.  In fact,
allowing ELF shared lib symbol overriding to affect debug info might
result in confusion.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre