Re: [mips patch rfa] ignore -mips32r2 flag to ld.

At 09 Jan 2003 11:04:37 -0800, Eric Christopher wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 23:02, cgd@broadcom.com wrote:
> > almost obvious, but i suppose there's the possibility to no longer
> > doing this for new -mipsNN flags (and removing -mips32r2 from gcc's ld
> > specs).
> >

> OK. I spose at some point we should just discard this... :)

Well, the reason that I ask was, if we decide to eventually _remove_
the special-case handling from ld, first GCC will have to be done and
then some time later ld will have to be done.

So, if that's the desired goal, best to avoid passing -mipsNN to ld
for new architectures.  Actually, heck, best to remove the code in gcc
that passes -mipsNN ASAP.

I'll give you one more chance to reconsider before i check it in...  8-)

chris