Re: PATCH: Fix native warning

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 03:40:03PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > This seems to work for me.
>
> Did your read the thread about making the "build-" part be there
> always?  If we agree to go that route, we'd just change BUILD_SUBDIR
> to include the "build-" prefix.
>
> Also, you need to make sure that gcc and other projects which *use*
> the build libiberty choose the right one.

That is exactly my concern with adding the "build-" prefix to
BUILD_SUBDIR. My change just renames the target we know we won't
use. It requires no changes to other configurations which may use
BUILD_SUBDIR. The other scheme may require changes to other projects.
I only see the real use of BUILD_SUBDIR in the case of gcc canadian
cross compile. Who is going to verify all usages of BUILD_SUBDIR are
ok. What if I want to use the current binutils with gcc 3.2?

H.J.