Re: (toplevel patch) Real targets for make.

> [moving the changes to Cygnus configure to binutils and gdb]
> will happen.  That patch is coming soon; most of the current
> patches are to prepare for that step.

That's great news.

> Autogen is never run automatically, so this should not be a problem.
> Only maintainers who edit the toplevel Makefile need to run autogen.

Of course.  But then, editing the toplevel Makefile is much more common than
editing the gcc fixincludes scripts (the other task that currently requires
Autogen).  I would not mind (and might give it a try if I knew it would be
considered good) rewriting Makefile.tpl into Makefile.m4.

Paolo