Re: Problem with referenceable sections ("link sets")

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 09:44:21AM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

 > Well, this patch (against 2.11.2) almost does it ... if there is one
 > orphan section, the right thing happens.  But if there are two, the
 > two orphans get overlapped.

Actually, this patch does *not*, in fact, do the right thing for just
one orphan section, for the same reason it doesn't do the right thing
for more than one.

What happens is that my .rodata's SIZEOF builds up the adjustments
during orphan placing ... but the assignment of LMAs doesn't happen
until all the orphans have been placed, so which means that the first
time the .rodata's SIZEOF is evaluated, it includes the size adjustment
for all of the orphans...

...resulting in all of the orphans being assigned an LMA of:

LOADADDR(.rodata) + SIZEOF(.rodata) + SIZEOF(each) + SIZEOF(and) +
    SIZEOF(every) + SIZEOF(orphan)

...which is not terribly useful.

*sigh*