This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Bug in big-endian ARM gas configurations
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:33:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: Bug in big-endian ARM gas configurations
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> I was going to just commit this, but I noticed another oddity, so I'd like a
> second opinion. We've got this:
> armeb) cpu_type=arm endian=big ;;
> arm*) cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
> armb*) cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
> armv*l) cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
> armv*b) cpu_type=arm endian=big ;;
> xscale*) cpu_type=arm endian=little ;;
> The first problem: arm* before armv*b. So my armv5teb toolchain was
> defaulting to little endian. Oops!
> Before I fix that, though, what's armb*? And should it really be _little_
Ug! Where exactly is this list in the sources?
Apart from anything else it's missing strongarm (since we seem to have
I think the armb* entry should go unless someone can specifically point to
a use that indicates that the current definition is correct.