Diab C-Compiler-Suite and GNU objcopy problem

Hi all,

I'm using the diab C-Compiler-Suite 4.4b for compiling and linking. I want
to rename the .text sections in my object-files (ELF). I thought of using
GNU
objcopy 2.12 for this. Afterwards I realized, that all the files shrinked,
even if I just copy the files without renaming (i.e. without using the
"--rename-section"-flag). Which parts does objcopy remove, while copying the
files?
Is there any other tool I could use for renaming
the sections?

TIA
  Frank