Re: MIPS gas relaxation still doesn't work

On 15 Oct 2002, Jim Wilson wrote:

> It has always been the case that extended asms are a hook to gcc internals
> which work only if you know how gcc internals work.  So we could perhaps try
> to define away the problem by saying that extended asms that use macro
> instructions are no longer supported.  Some people might not like that,
> but if we explain that it is necessary to improve gcc performance then
> perhaps they will understand.

 Perhaps if gcc provides some aid in dealing with cases you'd want to use
macros, I will.  The tough problems I've noticed so far is the small limit
on the number of constraints, which is only ten, and the unability to pass
a machine address, as the "R" constraint, which is expected to provide the
function, doesn't work here and the "m" and "o" ones may require a macro
expansion.  I will look into both problems in the future but I won't mind
if someone does sooner.  Especially the latter one seems to require major
changes to gcc.