hopefully back to normal...

OK, the stray lines in configure are back where they should be, and I
regenerated Makefile.in.  Which turns out to never have had my patch
reverted, so Makefile.in now has the same SHELL = @config_shell@ line
which caused the original problem.  However, the snapchot scripts are now
using src-release, so the original problem should be gone. :rolls eyes:

Sorry about all this, folks.  If the snaps work tomorrow, I'll put the
rest of my original patch back in, and then get everything resynced with
gcc.

--Nathanael