Re: New binutils directory src/include/cpu/ for .cpu and .opc files?

Hi Doug,

> Heh.  Don't underestimate how big a deal it is to add a new TLD.

:-)

> btw, where are we on src/cpu?

Good point - it seems to have stalled.  There have been several
suggestions:

  src/include/cpu/
  src/cpu/
  src/cpu/<cpu>/
  src/cgen-cpu/
  src/cgen/cpu/
  src/cgen/fsf-cpu/

The src/cgen... ideas suffer from the problem that the cgen directory
is not part of the binutils package, and will not become so, unless it
is fully contributed to the FSF.  (Of course having the cpu files
without also having cgen available is rather pointless...)

I liked the src/include/cpu idea because I see the cpu files as being
similar to the headers files of C programs, and it is easier to add a
sub-directory than a new top level directory, but nobody else seemed
to go for the idea.

So that leaves creating a new top level directory and adding it to the
binutils project.  As far as I can see there are no non-cgen related
files that would go in this TLD, so I would prefer calling it
'cgen-cpu' to just 'cpu'.

Thus unless there are any objections in the next few days, I will
create 'cgen-cpu' at the end of the week (and post a message when I
have done so).