Re: mips16 addresses

[adding binutils@]

When a mips cpu is supposed to run code in mips16 mode, the lsb of the address is set. However, DWARF linetables are not preserving this bit and it is not clear they should. Is there a way to determine if an address should be run in mips16 mode or not? I remember a discussion about bfd needing a new function that would return architecture information given an address. Was that ever added?
I remember a similar discussions but not the resolution.

It's really a BINUTILS problem. The ``objdump --disassemble'', which is independant of GDB, needs to know the architecture/mode of every address so that each instruction is correctly disassembled.

I think GDB just needs access to that, or a similar, interface. That way it can do transformations like:
address -> machine/mode

How does the SH5 handle this?

Andrew