Re: PROVIDE keyword not working

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 06:06:42PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> This symbol needs to be provided by the linker
> script if the user has not defined it, but the value is *not*
> referenced by the relocation itself.  (The reloc references a
> different value - the function that is being called).

Ah ha!  So you don't get an undefined symbol early enough for the
linker to detect that it needs to provide a value.  I wonder could
you do something clever in check_relocs?  ie. Detect the particular
reloc type that needs the extra symbol, and add it to the symbol
table as undefined.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre