Re: Re: Patch to implement rotates by zero

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 11:42:26AM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> > * I checked the r4k UM and it does in fact match what you said, _but_
> >   I do note that the PDF I have (second edition, from the MIPS web
> >   site IIRC), same pages as you mention, has change bars next to the
> >   statements in sll/sllv descriptions which define this behaviour.  I
> >   don't know how first edition looked (or how the earliest r4k parts
> >   behaved).
>
>  I think that was added as a clarification.  If earlier R4000/R4400
> processors behaved differently, there would surely be a note in their
> errata, but there isn't one (not sure about R4000 rev. 1 -- anyone knows
> if the processor was publicly released at all?).

I've never heared about a R4000 v1.x having been shipped no do I remember having read
anything in the commercial OS code I touched in a previous life, so assume that never
left the door of MIPS rsp. SGI.  The lowest version number (in c0_PrId) which I can
remember is 2.2, possibly even 2.1 or 2.0 but certainly nothing preceeding those.

  Ralf