Re: [RFA:] Use refcount in SH ELF backend

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 02:00:43PM -0700, Clarke, Stephen wrote:
> [...]

I had a good look over the patch since it is porting the delayed
allocation scheme for dynamic relocs I implemented for x86, and it
looks good to me.  Besides a few cosmetic mods, eg. replacing
"elf_hash_table (info)->" with "htab->root.", I made only one change
of any substance, adding

  if (h->root.type == bfd_link_hash_warning)
    h = (struct elf_link_hash_entry *) h->root.u.i.link;

to the start of readonly_dynrelocs.

That said, it clearly needs the fixes you mention in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2002-07/msg00190.html for
SHmedia, and a careful look at just what happens with those indirect
syms you create.  Any objections to me committing the patch as is,
and you fixing the Shmedia breakage later?  I've gotten a little
interested in SH since my assembler reloc processing changes proved
difficult to get right for this port.  :)

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre