Re: Problems assembling TI-style code with ARM-coff assembler

Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Eckhard,
>
> > I have to compile a  *.c file that is written to be compiled by a TI
> > compiler for TMS470 ( ARM7-core) and contains the followling lines:
> >
> > 	asm("	.def _entrytable		");
> > 	asm("	.def $entrytable		");
> > 	asm("_entrytable:			");
> > 	asm("$entrytable:			");
> >
> > This results in
> >
> > /tmp/ccm7ONcX.s: Assembler messages:
> > /tmp/ccm7ONcX.s:110: Warning: rest of line ignored; first ignored
> > character is `"'
> > /tmp/ccm7ONcX.s:112: Warning: .def pseudo-op used inside of .def/.endef:
> > ignored.
> > /tmp/ccm7ONcX.s:112: Warning: rest of line ignored; first ignored
> > character is `$'
>
> Presumably these are TI assembler commands to define global symbols ?
> In which case their equivalent gcc entries would be:
Unfortunately I don't have any docs about the TI commands at the moment - but
it seems to work.

>   asm("	.global _entrytable		");
>   asm("	.global $entrytable		");
>   asm("_entrytable:			");
>   asm("$entrytable:			");
>
> > 	asm("  	B     #-8				");
> >
> > produces the error
> >
> > /tmp/ccYZkjox.s:117: Error: bad expression -- `b #-8'
>
> You probably want to omit the hash, like this:
>
>   asm("  	B     -8		");
OK thank you that's working as well.

But (as somehow to be expected ) there are some more things that are not
compatible:

asm ("DUMMY:					");
asm (" 	.ref _entrytable		");
asm ("  .field _entrytable,32	");

.ref and .field are also not known pseudo-ops.
and in the following

		.sect ".intvecs"
		B     _c_int00
	  	B     _entrytable+0x08
		B     _entrytable+0x0C
		B     _entrytable+0x10
		B     _entrytable+0x14
	  	B     _entrytable+0x18
		B     _entrytable+0x1C
		B     _entrytable+0x20
		B     _entrytable+0x24
	 .ref _TswKwp_IdentTab_PST

causes
	/tmp/cci3npji.s:75: Warning: rest of line ignored; first ignored character is

Where can I look up the valid (gcc/ gas ) commands for arm-7-coff?
If there occure more of these things I would like to help writing some kind of
script to translate from TI to ARM.

Thanks again

Eckhard