Re: [Patch] sh64: Fix problem with datalabel and --gc-sections

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Clarke, Stephen wrote:

> The attached patch fixes a bug in sh64 ld, and adds a regression
> testcase to the ld testsuite.
>
> The bug is caused by --gc-sections discarding a section referred
> to by a datalabel-qualified reference.

Looks good to me.  Better commit it yourself. ;-)

I'd suggest writing new sh tests (but I'm not really suggesting
it for this one) using the run_dump_test framework, using the
".d" suffix and a new driver; use ld-mmix/mmix.exp as a
template.  (The framework in sh64 predates me adding
run_dump_test to the ld testsuite framework.)  Note that
run_dump_test can also be used when linking against DSO's by
e.g. using the method in ld-cris/cris.exp.

brgds, H-P