Re: IA-64 PE+/COFF help needed

Bfd has only minimal support for the IA-64 PE+ object file format.

The reason why the support exists is because ia64-linux needs to be able to
compile the bootloader as an EFI application, and EFI applications use the
PE+ object file format.  My possibly flawed understanding of how this works
is that we compile the ia64-linux bootloader as a normal ELF application
using special libraries, and then we use objcopy to create an EFI application.
Bfd has just enough PE+ support to make the objcopy step work.

There is no configuration that directly emits PE+ object files.  The PE+
support is included in all IA-64 ELF configurations so that objcopy can be
used to create EFI applications.

For more info, see the GNU EFI package.
        ftp://ftp.hpl.hp.com/pub/linux-ia64/gnu-efi-3.0a.tar.gz

Jim