This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, arm] Support for Thumb PLT entries with interwork
- From: Adam Nemet <anemet at Lnxw dot COM>
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 31 Jul 2002 23:58:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, arm] Support for Thumb PLT entries with interwork
- References: <200207311232.NAA07048@cam-mail2.cambridge.arm.com>
> I've been in some discussion (off-line) with Adam concerning it. I'd like
> whatever we do in this respect to be compatible with the EABI, and it's
> still not clear what we want to do for that here.
Nick, sorry for taking the thread off-line but I wanted to check with
Richard if he was OK with the updated patch.
BTW, there is a related GCC patch
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-07/msg00398.html) that I don't
think has any ABI implications. Can you please take a look at it.
> *If* we decide that this is how the EABI should do things, then the code
> is probably OK; but I'd rather we made that decision first than had yet
> another potential incompatibility.
Richard, how far do you think the EABI should go in specifying the PLT
(for Thumb, ARM and interwork). I think the rule of thumb :) is that
an application/shared library built by one tool chain should be able
to work (link and dynamically link) with another shared library built
by another tool chain.