This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: MIPS ABI- Dead end functions
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 30 Jul 2002 13:35:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: MIPS ABI- Dead end functions
- References: <E17ZWXM-001cMhfirstname.lastname@example.org> <20020730153620.GA7883@rembrandt.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
> > So..., how can this situation be handled cleanly? The cleanest way I
> > can think of is to modify gcc so that it does not generate the
> > .cpload $25 sequence in the case that $gp is unused. What do you
> > think?
> Yes, that's the way to go. You may talk with Graeme Peterson about
> it, his RFC for QNX PIC addresses this issue, too.
This is good. I've been busy and unable to comment on Graeme's work so
far. One thing that would help a lot is to stop gcc from emitting macro
instructions as well.
I don't want a pony, I want a rocket