Re: copy_private_bfd_data in bfd/elf.c question

Daniel,

Are you acting as the 2.13 release manager?  I would like to know if it
is too late to get this patch in for 2.13?  I see that today is the
planned freeze date.  The full patch is at
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils-cvs/2002-07/msg00165.html and it
fixes a bug in objcopy & strip on the HP-UX IA64 platform.

I probably wouldn't call this fix critical, mainly because this platform
is not very widespread yet.  But without the patch objcopy and strip are
unusable on HP-UX IA64.  Perhaps we could put it into the branch for a
future 2.13.1 release if you don't want to risk putting it in to 2.13 at
this late date.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com