Re: [Revised patch] Rework MIPS command-line handling

 Maciej> On 22 Jul 2002, Richard Sandiford wrote:
 >> New version below.  Also includes the suggested gas config changes
 >> (infer processor name from mipsisa32foo, base MIPS_DEFAULT_64BIT
 >> on full target triple).

 Maciej> Basically OK with me.  I'm somewhat uncertain about the
 Maciej> warnings about multiple "-march=" and "-mtune=" options, but
 Maciej> they are unlikely to exist in Makefiles as a default for a
 Maciej> possible user override (unlike "-g" or "-O"), so the benefit
 Maciej> of additional diagnostics probably surpasses the drawback of
 Maciej> possible spurious warnings.

I don't care for that.  Isn't it a general GNU rule that repeated
options are always legal and the latest wins (unless it's a switch
like -I, of course)?  That certainly is what I've come to expect, and
it would be a strange surprise to see it not work that way for some
options.

	 paul