This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Revised patch] Rework MIPS command-line handling
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl>
- Cc: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>, cgd at broadcom dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>, "Mark D. Baushke" <mdb at gnu dot org>, GeraldPfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: 22 Jul 2002 11:19:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Revised patch] Rework MIPS command-line handling
- References: <Pine.GSO.3.96.1020722200019.2373Nfirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 11:10, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On 22 Jul 2002, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> > New version below. Also includes the suggested gas config changes
> > (infer processor name from mipsisa32foo, base MIPS_DEFAULT_64BIT
> > on full target triple).
> Basically OK with me. I'm somewhat uncertain about the warnings about
> multiple "-march=" and "-mtune=" options, but they are unlikely to exist
> in Makefiles as a default for a possible user override (unlike "-g" or
> "-O"), so the benefit of additional diagnostics probably surpasses the
> drawback of possible spurious warnings. I'd leave it as is and wait for
> any user screams before changing it.
Reasonably accurate warnings are one reason why I wanted this so... :)
I don't want a pony, I want a rocket