This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: GCC testsuite run before and after ~2.12.1 upgraded to pre-2.13
- From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: rittle at labs dot mot dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, obrien at freebsd dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:11:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC testsuite run before and after ~2.12.1 upgraded to pre-2.13
- Organization: Wasabi Systems, Inc.
- References: <200207190209.g6J29RhB010794@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com>
On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 09:09:27PM -0500, Loren James Rittle wrote:
> upgrading to the pre-2.13 branch, 2.12.90 20020717, I re-bootstrapped
> GCC from scratch and saw these new failures (not necessarily
> indicative of a binutils bug):
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: ./element_access.exe: too few PT_LOAD segments
> [... 37 additional, similar new failures in g++.log ...]
I have been seeing roughly exactly the same problem for some time now
on i386-netbsdelf and alpha-netbsd (I do my gcc-current testing with
a binutils-current of the same vintage). It has me completely stumped.
I actually brought it up here on the list at one point:
Note I do NOT see this problem on sparc-netbsdelf.
-- Jason R. Thorpe <email@example.com>