This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: GCC testsuite run before and after ~2.12.1 upgraded to pre-2.13
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: rittle at labs dot mot dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, obrien at freebsd dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 20:05:45 +0930
- Subject: Re: GCC testsuite run before and after ~2.12.1 upgraded to pre-2.13
- References: <200207190209.g6J29RhB010794@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com>
On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 09:09:27PM -0500, Loren James Rittle wrote:
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: ./element_access.exe: too few PT_LOAD segments
> [... 37 additional, similar new failures in g++.log ...]
Well, that's the FreeBSD dynamic loader comlaining. You'll need to
debug this a little further to find out why..
> ld: ./vbase8-10.exe: Not enough room for program headers (allocated 6, need 7)
This usually indicates a problem with linker scripts, or section
attributes. For example, if we have a simple two segment layout
with a read-only segment followed by a read-write segment, then
the linker script (and orphan section placement code) should
place all ro sections before rw sections. If something goes
wrong and we have a rw section being placed in the middle of the
ro sections, then we would need 4 segments, ro, rw, ro, rw.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre