This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH/RFC handle missing DW_AT_comp_dir attribute
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Jim Blandy <jimb at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, irickards at arm dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:54:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH/RFC handle missing DW_AT_comp_dir attribute
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> Richard Earnshaw <email@example.com> writes:
> > This problem was found by a colleague while using GDB with the ADS tools.
> > These tools do not set the DW_AT_comp_dir attribute in a compilation unit
> > entry, so GDB will crash trying to reference a NULL pointer.
> Sorry --- how does this patch fix a GDB crash? GDB doesn't use BFD to
> read debugging information.
Ah, sorry, it was my understanding from Ian that it was in GDB.
Apparently the problem was seen in addr2line, and rather than a crash we
just got an empty filename (since the first argument passed to concat was
a NULL pointer).