This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: SIGSEGV in ld at elflink.h:5500
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: amodra at bigpond dot net dot au (Alan Modra)
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 02:06:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: SIGSEGV in ld at elflink.h:5500
> > So, what do we do? We have have a reference in the data section
> > to a local label in a function that has been deleted. On hppa-linux,
> > the above data is in .eh_frame. Is it somehow special?
> OK, so it's likely a gcc bug. You want the eh data in .eh_frame, as
> .eh_frame is special. See bfd/elflink.h:elf_bfd_discard_info.
I put the eh data into .eh_frame. However, I still get a seg fault
at the same spot although the symbol and section have changed. It
looks as if the code figured out that the reloc symbol was deleted
but still the fault.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)