This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] important performance bug fix
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at redhat dot com>
- To: davidm at hpl dot hp dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, wilson at redhat dot com
- Date: 17 Jul 2002 15:50:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] important performance bug fix
- References: <200207170157.g6H1vlfJ032230@napali.hpl.hp.com>
The patch was posted late on Friday. I didn't see it until Monday. I didn't
have time to look at it until today because of various problems: a power
outage, a network router failure, an internal RH mail/news reorg, meetings,
and of course the work I have to do to get paid.
The patch was on my list of things to do today. It is kind of moot now that
HJ Lu has already taken care of it, but I went ahead and looked at it and it
looks correct as I expected.
There is one problem with what HJ did. The 2.13 binutils branch was created
over the weekend. Presumably we want this patch in the next binutils release.
HJ tends to ignore FSF releases because he makes his own releases, so HJ didn't
bother to check the patch onto the 2.13 release branch. I can take care of
that. I'll have to check out the branch, apply the patch, and test it, so
it might not get checked in until tomorrow.