This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: redefining dynamic symbols???
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Jorge Luis Williams <jorgew at cs dot uidaho dot edu>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:48:54 +0930
- Subject: Re: redefining dynamic symbols???
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 07:34:29PM -0700, Jorge Luis Williams wrote:
> A while back sombody brought up the idea of using objcopy to redefine
> dynamic symbols. This is a feature that I would find most useful. Has
> anybody been working on this?
Not that I'm aware of.
> Seeing as objcopy doesn't support this feature is it possible to do this
> with ld -- or someother way?
You could edit the file string table with a binary editor. ;-)
> What would be the work involved??
You'd need to examine the existing code in objcopy that does
--redefine-sym and switch symbol table reading and writing to use
the dynamic symbol table.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre