This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: SIGSEGV in ld at elflink.h:5500
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:07:28 +0930
- Subject: Re: SIGSEGV in ld at elflink.h:5500
- References: <200207170034.g6H0YeFv027076@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>
On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 08:34:40PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> Looking at the history of the above, I see that the bug being fixed
> had sym_sec->output_section set to bfd_abs_section. The code in this
> case was also being compiled with "-ffunction-sections" and we seem to
> have the same problem, but on hppa64.
Looking at your original email again.. :) I see that what's happening
is that you're trying to output a dynamic symbol from a removed
linkonce section. You need to find why ld is trying to do that, or in
fact why ld is outputting dynamic symbols for debugging sections.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre