Re: SIGSEGV in ld at elflink.h:5500

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 08:34:40PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> Looking at the history of the above, I see that the bug being fixed
> had sym_sec->output_section set to bfd_abs_section.  The code in this
> case was also being compiled with "-ffunction-sections" and we seem to
> have the same problem, but on hppa64.

Looking at your original email again.. :)  I see that what's happening
is that you're trying to output a dynamic symbol from a removed
linkonce section.  You need to find why ld is trying to do that, or in
fact why ld is outputting dynamic symbols for debugging sections.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre