Re: Add hppa*64* support to libtool in binutils

In article <200207151615.JAA16249@hpsje.cup.hp.com>,
Steve Ellcey<sje@cup.hp.com> writes:

>> This is a first cut at adding hppa64 support to libtool in binutils.
>> The same needs to done in gcc and in the libtool source.  Unfortunately,
>> the binutils and gcc sources are somewhat out of sync, so it seems
>> separate patches will be needed in each case.

> This would leave Loren Rittle's GCC libtool patch
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-05/msg00234.html) as the
> only difference between the binutils and GCC libtools.  Loren, do
> you know of any reason this patch couldn't be applied to the
> binutils libtool?

Hi Steve,

I have received no reports that the patch made the situation worse on
any platform.  Alex did report that it was not a complete solution to
the entire problem space and I concur with his analysis.  It has been
applied to libtool mainline.  Thus, I know of no reason why that patch
can't travel to the binutils copy of libtool.

Regards,
Loren