This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Add hppa*64* support to libtool in binutils
- From: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- To: sje at cup dot hp dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:11:45 -0500 (CDT)
- Subject: Re: Add hppa*64* support to libtool in binutils
- References: <200207151615.JAA16249@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
- Reply-to: rittle at labs dot mot dot com
In article <200207151615.JAA16249@hpsje.cup.hp.com>,
Steve Ellcey<firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> This is a first cut at adding hppa64 support to libtool in binutils.
>> The same needs to done in gcc and in the libtool source. Unfortunately,
>> the binutils and gcc sources are somewhat out of sync, so it seems
>> separate patches will be needed in each case.
> This would leave Loren Rittle's GCC libtool patch
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-05/msg00234.html) as the
> only difference between the binutils and GCC libtools. Loren, do
> you know of any reason this patch couldn't be applied to the
> binutils libtool?
I have received no reports that the patch made the situation worse on
any platform. Alex did report that it was not a complete solution to
the entire problem space and I concur with his analysis. It has been
applied to libtool mainline. Thus, I know of no reason why that patch
can't travel to the binutils copy of libtool.