This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Add hppa*64* support to libtool in binutils
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: sje at cup dot hp dot com (Steve Ellcey)
- Cc: aoliva at redhat dot com, rittle at labs dot mot dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:55:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Add hppa*64* support to libtool in binutils
> > This is a first cut at adding hppa64 support to libtool in binutils.
> > The same needs to done in gcc and in the libtool source. Unfortunately,
> > the binutils and gcc sources are somewhat out of sync, so it seems
> > separate patches will be needed in each case.
> David, I verified that if my GCC libtool patch
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-07/msg00527.html) is applied to
> GCC then your binutils patch
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-07/msg00397.html) can be applied
> to GCC with out any changes. I put both patches to my local tree
> (binutils and GCC) over the weekend and tested on PA32, PA64, and IA64
> HP-UX and had no problems. This would leave Loren Rittle's GCC libtool
Thanks for for testing this.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)